May 5-14, 2018
Ireland Road Trip
Beyond Leprechauns and four-leaves clovers, Ireland has much to be discovered. From wild cliffs to green hills, Guiness to Boxty, buoying cities to remote villages, Oscar Wilde to Bono, there is so much to explore.
We chose to focus this trip on the Southern and Eastern part of the island, quickly escaping Dublin and heading toward mountains, valleys, and stunning landscapes. Between the incredible sights of the Connemara National Park, the puffins on the southern islands and the views from the Sky Road, the photographs and memories will be plenty – un-jammed and un-saturated.
Who is that trip for
Anyone with a craving for stunning landscapes and a region rich in history.
There will be opportunities for biking, hiking and boating. This is a road-trip and we will be driving for three to four hours on three of the 10 days, generally off the highway, potentially on narrow and twisty roads. If you tend to be car-sick, please be prepared.
Rooms are shared, unless otherwise requested (and with supplement). At times, there will be options to create our own meals. We appreciate and encourage collaborative cooking sessions!
Everything is possible, nothing is mandatory.
All levels of photography, videography and storytelling are welcome.
- Day 1: Arrival in Dublin
- Day 2: Dublin > Wicklow Mountains > Glendalough > Saltee Islands > Blarney
- Day 3: Blarney > Cork > Killarney
- Day 4: Ring of Kerry
- Day 5: Killarney National Park
- Day 6: Killarney > Cliffs of Moher > Burren County
- Day 7: Burren County > Galway
- Day 8: Galway > Cliffden (Sky Road)
- Day 9: Connemara National Park
- Day 10: Cliffden > Dublin
This trip is accessible to all, beginners to confirmed photographers. We will have 3 guided photographic excursions with thought to time of day and season (May is a great time to visit Ireland!). John will always be on-hand to talk photography/videography throughout the trip, from a chance encounter on the road to sharing a pint in an Irish Pub.
Dates & price
From May 5th to May 14th (9 nights) // $1,049 per person in a shared room
The price includes:
- 9 nights in a shared room in a Bed & Breakfast or private house
- Local transportation by car
- Welcome happy hour
- English-speaking hosts and professional photographer
- 3 guided photography sessions
The price does not include:
- International flights
- Airport transfers
- Paid activities or rentals
- Personal expenses
- Anything that is not mentioned under “the price includes”
Contact us below and we’ll provide you with details on how to book your trip.